Downloading and Installation FAQ
Entering a paid subscription after installing the 10-day free trial
- Please delete the file "classic.lf" in c:\program files\econmodel\
before you try to register. You can run the EconModel | EconModel
Update option from the Start Menu to check for a newer version of the
program if your 10-free trial was from some time ago.
Cannot find setup.exe
- When you use the "two-step" procedure where you save a copy of setup.exe
to your local disk, you need to note where the file is placed.
Cannot run setup.exe
- From whatever file manager you are using, you can double-click on
setup.exe to install EconModel
- You can also use the "Run" option on the "Start" menu.
Running em.exe does not do anything
- This is what is supposed to happen. The EconModel program is em.exe.
Run by itself it does nothing.
- Running EconModel from the Start Menu does even attempt to load a model
or to activate the registration process.
That option simply checks to see if the program is installed.
- The installation program setup.exe sets your computer up to recognize
files with the extension em0 as EconModel files. This is automatic when
you click on an em0 file on the web site. So, to run EconModel you have
to click on the link to an em0 file on the web site.
These links are denoted "Model Link".